Neskrid 4Allbrands legally permitted in all brands of work and safety footwear
Manufacturers of safety footwear have, with enforcement requests, asked the regulator Netherlands Labour Authority to provide definitive 100% legal clarity on orthopaedic solutions in work and safety footwear. To achieve this, the Labor Authority has inspected the following orthopaedic footwear solutions for compliance with Regulation EU/2016/425 for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and associated standard NEN-EN-ISO 20345:
- Neskrid orthopaedic work and safety footwear, developed on feet of individual clients
- 4Allbrands semi- and orthopaedic insoles (orthotics) in brands of work and safety footwear
Supervisor Netherlands Labour Authority
(formerly Inspectorate SZW) has concluded:
At both Neskrid and 4Allbrands no violations were found.
Based on European legislation, the legal substantiations of the Labour Authority confirm:
- Neskrid orthopaedic work and safety footwear and 4Allbrands orthopaedic footwear solutions comply with European laws and regulations: regulation EU/2016/425 for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), standards EN-ISO 20345:2022 for safety footwear and EN-ISO 20347:2022 for work footwear without a safety toe cap.
- Neskrid does not require permission from footwear manufacturers to apply 4Allbrands orthopaedic solutions in the models of all brands of work and safety footwear.
- 4Allbrands orthopaedic solutions (insoles, orthotics, and devices) may be applied in the models of all brands of work and safety footwear. Under the condition that 4Allbrands orthopaedic solutions in combination with these models of work and safety footwear have been tested and approved by an accredited testing institute in accordance with the standards.
- The original manufacturer of the work and safety footwear remains responsible for the complete footwear after modification, including the 4Allbrands orthopaedic solutions. The conformity of the new combination within the framework of PPE legislation remains guaranteed.
Foot specialists, distributors, and employers are, with universal 4Allbrands orthopaedic solutions, permanently freed from the "straitjacket" of semi-orthopaedic insoles and protocols for individual orthopaedic insoles (orthotics) that were mandatory by work and safety footwear manufacturers. Thanks to 4Allbrands medical devices, preventive and clients with foot problems can be helped directly at foot specialists, in stores, and at work. Finally without restrictions, imposed by the manufacturer of his or her favorite brand of work and safety footwear.
Should a model of a (new) brand be missing in the 4Allbrands library, customers such as foot specialists, distributors, manufacturers, and employers can request the free testing procedure for this model in the Neskrid Online Customer System (NOCS). After approval of all tests of the 4Allbrands orthopaedic solutions in the requested model, the model (and new brand) will be added to the 4Allbrands library. Requests for the free testing procedure ensure that the 4Allbrands library continuously expands and already contains nearly 8,000 models from over 100 brands.